About our Teaching School
"The aim of Twynham Teaching School is to offer this generation of young people and those involved in their education the very best training, teaching and learning, professional development and support services.
As a Teaching School, our key areas include:
- Playing a strategic role in training new entrants to the profession.
- Leading peer-to-peer professional and leadership development.
- Identifying and developing leadership potential.
- Providing support for other schools.
- Designating and brokering Specialist Leaders of Education (SLEs).
- Instigating and developing high-quality research and development.
As a National Leader of Education myself, through my position as Chair of the Wessex School Improvement Partnership and my membership of the Regional Schools’ Commissioner’s Board for Bournemouth, Dorset and Poole, my aim is to bring strategic oversight and development to the six areas mentioned above, for the benefit of all.
Our role as a Teaching School is central to our vision of providing an exceptionally high-quality provision for our young people, staff and those who train within our partnerships of schools. Our students deserve the very best we are able to offer and that happens where colleagues receive the highest quality training, induction and ongoing professional development. Being involved in the six areas above is not only rewarding, but is also exciting and fun.
If you are interested in finding out more about any of the projects we are involved with or if you would like to find out more about the support we can offer, please do contact Liz Garman, Director of Teaching School at firstname.lastname@example.org."
Dr Terry Fish