Y7 Independent Learning
Independent study (our new name for homework) makes use of learning strategies that have an impact on mastery of core knowledge and help move knowledge in the long-term memory. This includes the following activities:
- Review of learning
- Practice of key vocabulary
- Extended practice questions
- Consolidation of learning
The following subjects will set independent study on a computer-based learning platform:
- Maths - www.sparxmaths.uk/
- English - www.student.readingplus.com
- Science - www.carousel-learning.com
- French and Spanish - www.memrise.com
- Computer Science - www.senecalearning.com
Your child has a logon to each of these platforms and has been shown how to use them by their subject teachers.
The following subjects will set key words or terms for students to learn each week. These will be tested in lesson time.
- Religious Education
An independent learning sheet with the key words will be given to your child during tutor time one a fortnight. Copies of the recent learning sheets are below: