Mrs Hill writes for the SSAT Journal
We are delighted to say that our director of Maths, Mrs Hill, has recently had an article published in the SSAT Journal describing our approach to teaching and learning in a world where levels have been removed at Key Stage 3.
The result of this removal has been extensive discussion around what learning looks like over time and what students need to know, understand and be able to do in each subject in order to make sustained progress.
Her article can be found here, or by clicking the image below.
Category / All Articles
Category / All Articles
- All Articles
- Personal Achievement (9)
- General (19)
- Exam Results (10)
- Year Group (21)
- Newsletters (35)
- Event (8)
- Visit (3)
Also in the News
- September 29, 2023 We aspire to have all our students trying out something extra curricular. If you've missed out on their first choice activity this term, why not give something else a try in the meantime? #twytgsdna #determined #aspirational #extracurricular pic.twitter.com/zJqPMCjWK5— Twynham School (@TwynhamSchool) September 29, 2023
- September 28, 2023 Our open evening at TGS is now OPEN! Don't worry if you didn't get around to getting a ticket, you can still come along and meet our wonderful teachers and amazing students who are ready and waiting to say "hello!". We're here until 7.30pm this evening. #twytgsdna #proud pic.twitter.com/KpA7vJboM9— Twynham School (@TwynhamSchool) September 28, 2023
- September 28, 2023 A reminder for those who gave consent, please remind students to complete their Anti-Bullying surveys by 11am tomorrow! They can do this in Rm20 at break or lunch if they're unable to do it at home. Thanks for your support #twytgsdna #responsible pic.twitter.com/OWmtYWhVPU— Twynham School (@TwynhamSchool) September 28, 2023
- September 27, 2023 Just a reminder -> Yr9 charity event taking place on Friday! Yr9 students to bake or bring a cake to sell, all proceeds going to #Macmillan. Cakes should be delivered to Lower School office first thing and all students can bring some change to buy at break! #twytgsdna #kind pic.twitter.com/3CGTKPPg5p— Twynham School (@TwynhamSchool) September 27, 2023
- September 20, 2023 Good luck to @Haymoor_Junior, @MagnaAcademy, @BourneAcademy, @LytchettMinster, @QESDorset, @StosmundsS who will be receiving their bespoke @Sport_England report on 29th September from the summer term.📧 Keep an eye out for the email from Active Lives! pic.twitter.com/ubroBuZQbT— Active Dorset (@Active_Dorset) September 20, 2023